Friday, January 11, 2008

Marc was a leader

Marc was a special person with his own quirky style, an independent thinker, and just kind. I was saddened and stunned to hear the news of his death. He is missed. It was not until his passing that I sat and thought about how long I have known him and realized what an impact he made upon my life and others. He was very generous, he thought of others, he was a leader, he was a creative thinker, and he could laugh at himself and allow himself to be vulnerable.

I am fortunate that I met Marc when we were in 5th grade. I have many good memories of Marc (from student council, ski team, church and youth groups, track)...but all of them have something in common..I can see his wonderfully brilliant smile and eyes that are open, open to the world and the people around him. He pushed me to do better whether he knew it or not (in school and in life). He also pushed me to do other things like toilet papering, seeing how many people we could fit into his huge old car etc. and having fun in a unique way.

I want to say thank you for sharing him. I send my prayers to you all and know that he has touched many people's lives.

Jennifer Blair-Cockrum
Arvada, Colorado

No comments: