Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A great friend

mARC was a great friend to me for many years. He was the Best Man at my wedding and a dear, close friend. In college, we were draw mates and lived in the same dorm at Stanford. After college, we traveled to Cabo San Lucas together for a great trip of snorkeling, hanging out at the beach, and having a beer or two. It was on another trip with mARC, this one to Maui, that my wife Loris and I got engaged. For the past few years, mARC and I had lunch once a month to keep up on each other’s lives and keep each other accountable to the things that are important to us. Our last lunch was at Kirk’s steakburgers because mARC had a coupon. What I remember most about that lunch was mARC talking about his passion for the small group ministry at his church, and his deep love and care for his wife, Amy. At a lunch over the summer, mARC was excited to show me pictures of the place that his parents are building in Montana and talked about what a great visit he and Amy had with them. I miss my dear friend tremendously.

Brian Perronne

No comments: