Like all of you I was utterly shocked at the news of the passing of our friend Marc.
I have known Marc and his family from a very early age growing up in Reno.
I would like to share just a few stories of our childhood as you all know; talking with Marc seldom revealed his life experiences but was more commonly focused around how I and my family were doing.
As neighborhood kids we spent hundreds of hours practicing our 100 yard dashes escaping the Golf Marshall at Wild Creek golf course as we collected lost golf balls near his house.
Over the years we collected and sold thousands of these gems we found secondary to the thrill of evading the Marshall.
He could always run faster and further than any of us.
His parents have a cabin in the Plumas National Forest adjacent to a large meadow.
The winter would bring snow and the opportunity for but one thing….skiing.
With no slopes in the area it didn't take long for the invention of skiing behind the snowmobile across the meadows.
We did this for hours and would only retreat to the cabin for hot chocolate and to refill the ski with gas--even the darkness couldn't keep us off the snow.
These are just a few. When I think of all the words to describe my friend Marc one stands at the top… Genuine.
You are loved, you are revered, and you are missed.
1 comment:
Rob, Thanks for sharing about the golf balls. I so cherish that story as Marc told on one of our ski trips. I'm reminded of one about smashing garden snails to make money and he'd be smashed a bucket of em' after school. I'm sure you know that one too. Can you share about that one as well?
thanks!
Post a Comment