Thursday, January 10, 2008

Caught between letting you go and keeping you

John 12:23-26

23 But Jesus answered them, saying, "The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified. 24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain. 25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor
NKJV

Marc, as I read all of the testimonies of you and the work Jesus has wrought through you , I better understand Our God's wisdom of calling you home to Himself.
Your work is done here, and you left your imprint on us all who knew you.
We are better because of your changed life that took place when you answered God's call and received Jesus into your heart .

It was a miraculous outpouring of the Holy Spirit that brought you and Maria, seeking something, to The Lighthouse in the late eighties. I can see your glowing face as you came to know your Savior and watched you being drawn to Him. You had so many questions, and in your unhurried unique self, you listened and learned, never arguing, always patiently learning.
We love you
Ben and Anita Sanchez

To Marc's parents, our condolences of your loss, your son deeply touched our lives and we are forever grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was told of Marc's death, I was so sad. He will always be a smile that no one can ever duplicate. After reading my father's blog, my mind was flooded with such great memories of Marc. They were so many years ago. But as I read the blogs and saw the pictures, he is still the same great, wonderfully paced, brillant, loving person he was when I knew him. I am so sorry for your lose Amy. We never met. Being a wife for almost 14 years, I cannot even imagine what you must feel right now. Marc touched my family's life in a way, that he will always be remembered and loved by us. Know you are in our prayers. To Marc's parents, I am so sorry for the loss of your son. No parent wants to go before their children. I can't imagine the pain your heart must feel. But I to thank you, for the wonderful son you have. He truly touched so many lives over the years on earth.
Marc you are so loved. I hope to see you again someday friend.