Friday, January 11, 2008

Ache in my heart

We were on the Pacific Region staff team with Inter Varsity for a few years and I always enjoyed Marc. I remember hearing him tell his story of early in his college years hearing Becky Pippert (I think it was on a video tape) speak and being blown away. Then he was forced to consider that perhaps women COULD teach in Christian settings. I loved hearing the humor of this story and the open processing he applied to the situation at even such a young age.

Marc made me laugh and was a wonderful guy. The fact that he and Amy found each other was just simply, perfect.

Marc was a treasure and dearly loved. I think of how much he just plain ENJOYED people and now, to think that he's enjoying Jesus face to face. But I wish he hadn't gone so fast.

Dan and I feel so damn far away out here in Baltimore, but our hearts are with the community of friends that we will always hold so dear.

Janice McWilliams
(410)337-5524
JanMcWill@verizon.net

(If you are a mutual friend of Janice and Marc, Janice would love to hear from you)

No comments: