First off my sister Maria shared about icing in a previous blog, and Rob (Robbie Welch) shared about the "golf ball hunting" excursions, where we'd literally collect 50-75 balls in 3 hours time. Were we crazy or what? How about open air camping on the golf course? In the middle of the night the sprinklers came on and we had to head back to his house. We also practiced jumping into the sand traps, just incase it ever became a competition sport.
On the Brierley Ranch I earned my first dollars picking rocks out of the ground so that they could plant more crops. I also go my first shot driving with their Jeep and broke 1 or 2 fence posts. Rode my 1st horse, 1st time on a snowmobile and Rob mentioned Marc's wonderful invention "SNOWMOSKIING".
Fast forward… Marc in the bay area and me up here in Oregon, we didn't stay in touch as much as I would have liked to, but I can truly say I had more than my fair share of time with Marc!
God please help us to take the time to stay in touch with those who mean so much to us!!
Marc never forgot about me. My freshman year of High School I was at a boarding school close to Vienna, Austria. Marc called me on my birthday!! What a huge surprise!! I was blown away by what God did in Marc's life that year. A once shy guy in one year's time got baptized in the Pacific Ocean, started a Bible Study at Sparks High, and became the Student Body President. The following year was the last year we lived in the same square mile (maybe not technically, but close enough). The number of bike rides from my house to his, and back will never be matched in volume by any other trek in my life!
You know that Austrians are the best skiers! Thanks to Marc teaching me his ski tuning techniques I won the award for the best skier in my school in Austria. Marc had a bad habit of letting the flaming p-tex candle (basically hot molten plastic) drip onto his fingers and feet – OUCH!!
MOST IMPORTANT, Marc contended in prayer for me during a dark chapter of my life. I moved up to Eugene, U of O, but became sidetracked in a negative lifestyle. Marc was concerned and took the time during the Thanksgiving weekend of 1991 to talk some sense into me and PRAYED with a group of other friends that my life would turn around. My life did very quickly! In Marc's move of care, concern, and compassion he has eternally impacted my life and in turn MANY OTHERS! There are 14 lives living differently that I can see with my own eyes because of Marc (My wife & me + extended family). Not to mention the conversions I have witnessed on the streets of Eugene & all over the Northwest, the Lane County Jail (50 + & 2 on trial for murder, & literally 400+ rededications), & directly inspired by Marc's creativity I've had the privilege of leading at least 3 telemarketers to Christ, and made countless others laugh nervously, yet planted seeds. It's a great way to turn those annoying calls around!
I can't wait to see in eternity the # of lives Marc has impacted!! WOW!!
MARC, you taught me how to have fun doing so many different things!
A little snack I will have to remember Marc with is generic wheat thins dipped in soft cream cheese!! I always looked forward to that when we were skiing! Absolute deliciousness!! How about Marc's pop drinking method? Take a sip and swish. It activates the bubbles or deactivates the bubbles? I forget why he drank pop that way, but I sure got a kick out of it!
James 5:19,20 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.
Thank You MARC!!!! Thank you Mike & Anita for bringing Marc into the world!!!! God! Please comfort all of us in this time of loss!
Thomas Freitag
No comments:
Post a Comment